Belden® Adds RSB20 Family of Versatile Managed Basic Switches to its Portfolio of Hirschmann™ Products.
The new family of managed basic switches comprises 16 models distinguished by the number and type of ports offered as well as by their factory settings for EtherNet/IP and specific operating temperature ranges. All RSB20 switches support Fast Ethernet (10/100 BASE-TX, 100 BASE-FX) and offer both comprehensive management and redundancy modes as well as various different functions for convenient configuration and diagnostics. Furthermore, they meet all current industrial standards and have cUL508 and cUL1604 Class 1 Div2 approvals. Supplied in a rugged and compact housing, they can be mounted on standard top-hat rails.
The RSB20 series provides customized communications solutions with design features that adapt to any application without compromising quality or system performance. Special versions have been optimized for specific applications in addition to a “universal version” with three small form-factor pluggable (SFP)
Ideally suited for OEM and network-edge level managed performance. Plug & Play features allow for quick commissioning without sacrificing switch or network diagnostics and performance.
Key Benefits of the RSB20 Basic Switch Series
• Design and feature-set optimizes cost/performance ratio
• Tailored functionality for all industrial Ethernet applications including EtherNet/IP and PROFINET installations
• Same switch management look and feel as all other Hirschmann managed devices
• Can be integrated into HiVision network management/visualization software
• High Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) >60 years
• Broad selection of media redundancy (ring and/or mesh), dual power inputs and multicast filtering
• Models range from the 8TX port up to a flexible version with 6TX + 3 100BASE SFP sockets